Logo of Bideford Bowling Club




Chingswell Street,


EX39 2NG

Telephone: 07518 903 118


Secretary: Michael Blight

Telephone: 01237 472246 (07713783902)



Image of the Bideford Bowling Club

Image of the Bowling Club entranceBideford Bowling Club was founded in 1889. It has been located adjacent to The Strand, Bideford since the early thirties and is now known colloquially as ‘Bideford Strand Bowling Club’. It is owned by the members and has been a mixed club since 1997.

The clubhouse was rebuilt in 1993 and has a seating capacity for over seventy. It has a modern kitchen and fully stocked bar. The green is acknowledged to be amongst Devon’s best. A tour in June is arranged most years and a tournament is held each year in early August.

Throughout the outdoor bowling season the club has a very busy schedule. Games at Club, County and National level ensure that members have the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive selection of home and away games, ranging from friendly to competitive.

Short mat bowling is available during the winter months for present and approved past outdoor bowling members.

We give a high priority to ensuring that all our visitors are given a warm welcome and an enjoyable time whilst with us.

New members are always assured of a friendly welcome. Experienced bowlers and those new to the game will be given every assistance to ensure that they obtain the maximum benefits from the activities in which they choose to participate.

Social events are arranged throughout the year.


Image of the Bowls England group photograph

Celebrations for the Club’s 125th Anniversary were held during the 2014 season. The above image is the Bowls England group photograph.


We gratefully acknowledge the generous sponsorship of Brend Hotels.     Brend Hotels Logo